May 13, 2013
Fast and Easy Tips to Keep Your Home Clean Between Professional House Cleaning Visits
When you hire Greenapple House Cleaning to regularly clean your home, you are no doubt delighted with the sparkling appearance and fresh smell the house is left with.
Wouldn’t you love to be greeted by that same degree of cleanliness each and every day?
While you could simply increase the number of times you have the Greenapple House Cleaning staff come out to your home, there are a few simple steps you can take to easily and quickly keep your house clean in-between visits.
Speed Cleaning Between Home Cleaning Visits
- Pick it up – Make it a rule in your home to never go to bed with a messy house. Before climbing under the covers each night, put away your children’s toys, do the dishes, and tidy up any clutter. This will help your home appear much cleaner between visits.
- Wipe down counters – There’s usually no need to move items off your counters and clean them completely, but taking the time to wipe away messes on kitchen and bathroom counters can keep these rooms looking clean and help you avoid unwelcome smells from food spills and residue.
- Vacuum – The rule of vacuuming is to count each member of the family and each pet and vacuum that particular number of days each week. For instance, if there are two individuals living in a house and one pet, vacuuming at least three times a week is necessary for preserving carpet for years and ensuring cleanliness. If a home cleaning expert comes in once per week, you should vacuum two other days to keep your carpets looking their best.
- Squeegee the Shower Doors – Each time you take a shower, wipe off the shower doors. This only takes thirty seconds out of the day, and will help stop soap buildup before it becomes a problem.
- Make the Bed – Want the bedroom to look clean and inviting? Make the bed. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you’ll be surprised how quickly it can affect the entire appearance of the room.
- Dust – Dust can quickly settle in, and for those with allergies, it can be a real pain. In-between home cleaning visit, take steps to fight off this problem by dusting at least once per week. While it isn’t the most exciting part of house cleaning, it doesn’t have to be boring. If you have small children you can make a game out of it, or offer to pay for dusting duties.
Side note: The pay doesn’t have to be in the form of money. Go ahead and give them vouchers for the movies, an evening out for ice cream or something else the entire family can enjoy.
Choosing Greenapple House Cleaning is the best choice when you want to make sure your home is truly clean. In-between visits, though, make sure to take steps to keep your home as clean as possible to avoid unpleasant odors, allergies, and a dirty appearance.
[…] bathroom will definitely turn off your potential buyers. Before scheduling that open house first schedule a thorough cleaning from Greenapple House Cleaning. Our home cleaning professionals will address every inch of the […]
[…] comes to cleaning your home, you rely on Greenapple House Cleaning services on a regular basis. Our home cleaning experts come out to your home once a week, once every two weeks, or on a monthly basis to make sure your […]