April 15, 2013
When you hire a home cleaning company to come in and freshen up your home, do you ever stop to think about the products they use? Many household cleaning products contain dangerous chemicals and toxic ingredients.
While your home might end up smelling like lemons and the counters in your kitchen may be sparkling, these cleaning products may not be as effective, or safe to use, as one might think.
Instead of hiring a home cleaning company that uses these harsh cleaners, it’s time to begin thinking about making the switch to a green business, like Greenapple House Cleaning, which uses natural products that are safe for you and your family. Here are 5 reasons why.
Why You Should Make the Switch to Greenapple House Cleaning
- Unregulated Chemicals – Did you know that since the end of World War II, there have been more than 85,000 new chemicals introduced into our homes through various products? Did you know the majority of these chemicals are not regulated by any government agency? While no one was looking, household cleaning products have become dangerous, and continuing to use them or to hire someone else to use them in your home can put your health at risk.
- For the Love of Your Pet – While homeowners who have pets have to work harder sometimes to keep their homes clean, many commonly used cleaners today can be very toxic to their dogs and cats. Consider for instance, cleaners whose names end in ‘sol.’ These cleaners most often contain phenol, which when ingested by a pet can result in kidney and liver damage, respiratory problems, and even death. Each time your pet walks across a floor that hasn’t quite dried from the latest mopping or drops their food on the floor before eating it, they could be exposed to deadly chemicals.
- For the Love of Your Kids – According to Child Safety Europe, 90% of all poisonings in the UK occur in the home and are the result of common household products, including cleaners. Hiring a home cleaning company that uses chemical cleaners or using these cleaners yourself in your home puts your children at risk for accidental poisoning because children are attracted to these liquids because of their pleasant scents.
- Poisoning the Water – The majority of household cleaners contain chemicals that are toxic to the environment, including phosphorus, petroleum, and ammonia. When you flush the toilet, do the dishes, or even wash the laundry, the chemicals that are used can wash off and enter the water system, as well as nearby lakes, streams, and rivers. The chemicals can then not only make their way back into your home when you turn on the faucet, but can also impact the health and safety of local wildlife.
- Breathe Clean – It’s a common myth that in order for a home to be clean, it has to have a clean scent. For this reason, many fabric softeners and antibacterial sprays have flowery or fruity scents. In reality, a clean home shouldn’t smell like anything; it should be completely odorless. Cleaners with fruity and flowery scents release quaternary ammonium compounds into the air, which have been shown in many studies to harm the lungs and even cause asthma.
When it comes to cleaning your home, ditch the chemicals. Trust in Greenapple House Cleaning to keep your home sparkling week after week while using all natural, green products that are safe for you, your family, your pets, and the environment.