November 6, 2014
At Greenapple House Cleaning, we know how to properly clean your home so it’s safe for you and safe for the environment. We also know, though, that you might not want us to come to your house every single day. Many of our clients schedule visits from us once a week or once every other week, and that’s fine. Between home cleaning visits, however, you don’t want your space to fall back into a dirty slump. Luckily, this doesn’t mean you have to clean every day yourself. Here are a few tricks that will make it easier to keep your home clean longer between visits.
Keep it Clean
- Defy Dust– Did you know that you can actually reduce the amount of dust in your home by keeping the humidity a bit level? Low humidity causes static electricity, which attracts dust and make it hard to remove from your home. Humidity that is too high can be a threat too, as it creates the perfect environment for dust mites. By adjusting the humidity level to between 40 and 50 percent, you can keep dust away.
- Seal Natural Stone– You may love the look of marble and granite, but these natural stones are porous. This means that when you spill a glass of wine on them, the wine soaks into the stone and creates a stain. Instead of being scared of ruining the beautiful look of these counters every time you cook or entertain, seal them. Sealing must be done about twice every year. And don’t worry, there are plenty of green, water-based, zero-VOC sealants that you can use for your countertops.
- Get Rid of Oven Cleaners– Products that are made for oven cleaning can make a mess and put off noxious fumes that aren’t good for your or your family. This is because the main ingredient in most is lye, which can cause irritation to the eyes and skin upon contact, and can be fatal if it is swallowed. Instead of using them, throw them out. All you really need is a pumice stone. This will remove stuck-on grease and dirt, makes oven cleaning fast, and is toxin-free.
- Keep it Small– Don’t wait until the entire house looks as if a tornado has hit it. Whenever you’re walking through a room, look around and see if anything needs to be addressed. A quick touch-up now could prevent a lot of filth from building up.
- Get Rid of Low Wattage Bulbs– You walk into a room, and it’s filthy. Or is it? The truth is, those low wattage bulbs your using may just be creating the illusion that you’re surrounded by dirty and mess. It’s time to trade them in. choose full-spectrum, or ‘daylight’ bulbs instead. Not only will they brighten up every room in your home and help you see what’s really going on, but they can also boost your mood, just like sunlight.
Looking to keep your home looking better, longer between visits from Greenapple House Cleaning? With our home cleaning experts by your side, you won’t ever have to worry about how you’re going to keep your home clean again. Call today for more tips and for information about arranging a visit from us.