May 2, 2014
While it’s not the largest space in your home that needs to be kept clean, your desk is sometimes the messiest. it’s the focus of your day, which means it is often covered in files, paperwork, books, and that afternoon snack you forgot to take back to the kitchen… yesterday. Over time the space can become dirtier and dirtier, resulting in a mess you just don’t know how to deal with. Luckily, Greenapple House Cleaning is here for you. We have a few tips that will make keeping your desk tidy on a daily basis easy and less time-consuming.
Steps for a Tidy Desk Space
- Create a Routine – It’s never easy developing a new routine, but with today’s technology, it doesn’t have to be too hard. Set reminders on your smart phone or computer so you’ll remember to set aside a little bit of time each day to clean up your desk.
- Dusting – If you let it develop, it’s going to develop. Set aside time every day to dust everything on your desk. Don’t forget to move your computer monitor and tower and dust around it as well.
- Garbage – Are you one of those people that waits until their garbage bin is completely full before you empty it? Start making it a habit to empty it every single week at least. This will prevent your desk area from becoming odorous should you throw away food or drink and forget about it.
- Food – Eating at your desk may be a regular routine for you, but it can lead to messes that are hard to get rid of. If you eat at your desk, be sure to clean up the food as soon as you’re done eating. Be sure to check for crumbs that may have fallen in the keyboard while you’re cleaning as well. If these crumbs are left in the keyboard, they can become moldy and unsanitary.
Keep Clutter Free
Cluttered messes can make you feel as if you aren’t as organized as you need to be. Here are some tips to keep clutter from overtaking your desk.
- The Floor – While the floor isn’t technically the desk, it is still part of your work space and needs to be kept clean. If you find yourself tripping over things when trying to get to your desk, it’s time to clean up.
- File Papers – Your desk just doesn’t look clean when there are files and stacks of paper all over it. Keep it organized by filing all of the papers you have- when you get them. Don’t let them sit on your desk until they become a nuisance.
- Bring Things Home – Over time, our desks accumulate items that we bring into our offices. Unfortunately, most of them simply stay on the desk and are of no use. If there are items on your desk that are just getting in the way and don’t contribute to your productivity, get rid of them.
With the help of Greenapple House Cleaning, you can have a tidy desk that will help you stay on track with your work. Contact us today to learn how our green cleaning services can help you keep your home and work spaces clean.