March 20, 2014
When you’re a busy working mom or wife, time management can be one of the most difficult tasks for you to master. It isn’t easy trying to balance your work and your home life, and sometimes it can feel as if you don’t have enough time in the day to get everything accomplished you want to. Even if you’re the most organized person in the world, you’re bound to become stressed out at one point or another.
From living your passion in the office each day to spending quality time with your husband and children, there are steps you can take to ensure you manage your time well and there is a balance that not helps you stay on top of tasks, but stay sane.
Work-Life Balance Tips
- Avoid Ineffective Multitasking- Multitasking is often a saving grace for working mom and wives. It allows us to get more accomplished in a shorter period of time. However, not all multitasking is effective. For instance, you don’t want to iron your husband’s work shirt while attempting to send a quick email to your boss. Something is going to get burned or forgotten. Pay attention to what you’re doing when you’re doing it so you can ensure that you’re making the most of your time.
- Separate Work and Life- When you’re at work, concentrate on work. When you’re at home, concentrate on home. If your job requires you to work from home, set aside a space where you can have the privacy and separation you need to focus on one specific task at a time.
- Think Ahead- Fixing healthy meals for your family every night may be an admirable goal, but when you’ve just finished working a 10 hour shift, helped the kids with homework, and did the dishes, the last thing you want to do is whip up a lasagna. For these nights, it’s important to think ahead. Let your slow cooker do the work for you on some days, or spend a few hours over the weekend preparing meals that can be placed in the freezer and simply heated up when you get in the from the office.
- Accept Help- There are going to be weeks when you are simply so tired from everything going on in your life that you can’t imagine doing anything during your down-time other than lounging on the couch. This is okay. You shouldn’t have to wear yourself out so that household chores like home cleaning get done. During these weeks, it’s important that you know when to accept help. At Greenapple House Cleaning, we can assist you easily with your home cleaning responsibilities, freeing up some of your time to spend with your family or to enjoy some much needed rest.
- Determine Your Time-Wasters- While you may think that every moment of your day is booked solid, you may be wasting more time than you realize. Think about how your day flows. Do you spend more time on the phone than you should? Are you constantly checking your Facebook page to see if someone sent you a message or a game request? While we all need those unproductive breaks every once in a while, if your time is being ruled by them, then you need to realize it and make a change.
As a busy working mom or wife, your time is important. Let Greenapple House Cleaning help you strike a healthy balance between your work and personal time.