October 18, 2013
Every home has those areas that no matter how hard you try, no matter how determined you are, you there are stains that you just cannot get rid of. Some of them are in the bathroom, some in the kitchen, and some in the bedrooms. Regardless of where they are, they take away from the overall cleanliness of your home, and that, is aggravating.
As stubborn as these stains are, odds are there is a way to tackle them. You just have to keep trying!
If you’re that mom that has tried every trick in the book, don’t give up. We have a couple of wonderful tips that maybe, just maybe, will get the job done!
Stains and Their Hidden Weaknesses
Every stain has a weakness, no matter how tough it seems, there’s always that one thing that will completely destroy it. We’re going to take a look at a couple of the most common, most hard to tame, stains around the home.
Sink Faucet Stains: 85% of homes have hard water stains. Did you know that? So don’t feel like your home is dirty and gross and everyone else’ is clean.
– Rub a lemon rind all over your faucet
– Soak several paper towels in plain white vinegar
– Drape these towels over the faucet and leave them there for an hour
– Remove paper towels and rinse of your shiny new faucet!
Stainless Steel Refrigerator: Much like sinks, stainless steel easily becomes covered in streaks from water and other things. Sometimes these stains can be nearly impossible to get off. With the right cleaner you’ll be able to tackle these streaks no sweat.
– White vinegar, much like the faucets, white vinegar will get rid of those streak marks and stains. Apply vinegar to a wash cloth and wipe the stains off.
– Choose a polish. Spray polish a new rag and wipe the fridge in the direction of the grain to bring back the shine.
Tile Grout: The abrasive mixture that grout is made from easily catches dirt and dust and turns from white to black. Cleaning all of the grout in your home may seem like a painstaking task that is nearly impossible to complete, but with these tips you’ll have it done in no time at all.
– First, it is best to clean all of the tile in your home the way that you usually do.
– In a bucket create a 7 cups warm water, ½ cup baking soda, 1/3 cup ammonia, ¼ cup white vinegar solution. Let it sit for a minute so all of the baking soda will dissolve.
– Pour the mixture into a spray bottle, shake well.
– Spray the solution on a small area and let it sit for 3-5 minutes.
– Scrub the area with a bristled brush or toothbrush.
– Wipe clean with a cloth .
– repeat this over the entire area.
– When you are finished, do a final wipe. Spray solution over entire floor and wipe clean with the mop.
Maintaining the cleanliness of your home is often time consuming and difficult. Many individuals simply do not have time to balance family, work, and everything else with cleaning their home. If this is the case for you, call Green Apple today. We will figure out a schedule that works for you and schedule your first appointment with out cleaning service.
Our staff is well trained and takes pride in doing a perfect job. One staff member is assigned to a home in order to keep your home safe and comfortable. If you are looking for a cleaning service that does a thorough job every time, contact Green Apple today.